Leeward CC has a variety of professional learning opportunities for instructors to learn to apply UDL and Accessibility principles in their courses.
The in-person professional learning is designed as a week-long, in-person workshop. Participants meet for a total of 30 hours. At the completion of the workshop series, participants will be able to:
- Articulate why designing with accessibility in mind is important for all learners.
- Identify what your students are struggling with in your course
- Apply Universal Design for Learning (UDL) strategies by examining
- Learning goals
- Apply basic web accessibility principles to: Text, Images, Videos, Audios, and OERs.
- Explore free assistive technologies
The online professional learning is designed as a six-week challenge. Participants will redesign an online learning activity, using the three core principles of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework, to create an inclusive online learning environment.