Call to Order
(December 1, 2014)
Approval of the Minutes
- Recognition of secretary for Dec. 1, 2014 – Karim Khan
- Appreciation for secretary from Oct. 27, 2014 – Warren Kawano
- Review unapproved minutes.
(is this still valid?) Hiring Committee ( Google Doc ) – List of DE Questions
- (is this still valid?) Hiring Committees for Distance Education Instructional Positions- Have a list of recommended online DE instructors sent to HR who are available to be on interview committees for positions that are DE related. (Added in Oct. 30)
Update (Greg Walker) Distance Education Peer Eval w/ IOTA rubric supplement ( https://drive.google.com/drive/#folders/0B404duDDRhFgNjZkZWQ5YWYtZTVhYS00OWM4LTliOTktNTIxYjM1MjFlZDVm ) -
Update DE Faculty Survey (Dalybeth and Daniela)- Create a one question survey to get feedback from DE faculty to be given at the end of the year.
Update has the global question been replaced? (Greg) Changes made for next semester?
Replacing the global question in eCafe with Fall DE committee approve new mandatory question. “The instructor provided meaningful and regular interaction and opportunities for students to interact with each other.” (Greg, Rachael)
Guest: Pete Gross and Helmut Kae (Assessment) Will be checking in on progress of DE committee toward AIP (Actionable Improvement Plan) Midterm Assessment Report
“The Faculty Senate and the Distance Education Committee will review the current process for evaluation of online and face-to-face courses and make recommendations to the vice chancellor of academic affairs to ensure comparable student learning in both delivery modes by spring of 2013. (II.A.1.b., II.A.2.d. and II.A.2.e. ) “
- Guest item: FACULTY SENATE ByLaws – on behalf of Eiko – The Faculty Senate Ad-Hoc committee on Charter and ByLaws would like the DE committee to provide input on any changes that you would think could make the Distance Education Committee better. For example, any thoughts on altering the structure or membership make-up or duties or whatever. Article III (overview of standing committees) and Article IV, Sec. 10 (your committee only) for your review.*Article IV, Sec. 10 Distance Education Committee, is new, we just submitted it this semester, but any comments or feedback on Article III (overview of standing committees)?
- Be thinking of someone to nominate for the IOTA award.
Adjournment next meeting: January 12 (Monday at 3-4 PM)
AY 2014-2015 Distance Education Committee Meetings:
- 2014: 9/29, 10/27, 11/10, 12/1
- 2015: 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/13