Attendees: Bradley Ashburn, Leanne Chun, Ryan Girard, Sharla Hanaoka, Junie Hayashi (recorder), Brent Hirata, Rachael Inake, Warren Kawano, Chris Matz, Melanie Van DerTuin, Greg Walker
1. Call to order 3:00 PM
2. March meeting – no minutes, but you can review the Elluminate recording-Play
3. Committee approval of the defintion of a hybrid DE course
4. eCafé update
a. 3 reworded and 3 new questions
b. 10 recommended questions are already in eCafé (last 2 questions are listed under #296)
c. Chair will send new/reworded questions to eCafé
d. Committee needs to decide what is next step. Should questions be mandatory? If so, which questions?
5. Laulima Innovation Award upate-Awarded May 6th?
b. Subcommittee will review submissions and choose winner by next Monday (May 2nd).
6. Accreditation – DE (getting numerous requests)
a. Create online community of DE Faculty to share courses/tools
b. Planning round tables several time during the semester in which one instructor will be featured to share with question and answer session. (Meredith Lee contacted Cindy Martin to share her Laulima course.)
a. Create four videos (Youtube) – Videos will also include student testimonials. EMC has already produced several videos that can be used.
1) Is online learning right for me?
2) Laulima basics
3) Who do I ask?
5) Use Facebook groups for classroom communication