Call to Order
(Oct. 27, 2014)
Approval of the Minutes
- Recognition of secretary for Oct. 27, 2014 – Warren Kawano
- Appreciation for secretary from Sept. 29, 2014 – Carina Chernisky
- Review unapproved minutes.
- Faculty Senate Chair -Momi Kamahele called a meeting of FS Standing Committee Chairs.
- The senate chair is a member of all standing committees. As such she may be attending our committee meetings.
- President Lassner visiting campus this Friday, any questions from our DE committee for the FS Exec. Committee to consider asking? Open Campus meeting in the ED Bldg. Lecture Hall at 3:00pm.
Replacing the global question in eCafe with Fall DE committee approve new mandatory question. “The instructor provided meaningful and regular interaction and opportunities for students to interact with each other.” (Greg, Rachael)
Draft of steps to use IOTA award rubric to be used by DE teachers as a guide/supporting document when evaluating their DE peers. (Greg)
- DE Faculty Survey- Each person share their top 10 student survey questions to be used for the faculty survey. Include one qualitative question for the faculty survey. (All)
- Revising IOTA video process
- Hiring Committees for Distance Education Instructional Positions- goal of adding a DE instructor to every DE position hiring process.
- Be thinking of someone to nominate for the IOTA award.
- Next meeting November 10?
Adjournment next meeting: November 10 (Monday at 3-4 PM)
AY 2014-2015 Distance Education Committee Meetings:
- 2014: 9/29, 10/27, 11/10, 12/1
- 2015: 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/13