- Introduction of new members
- Secretary for 2014-15
- Approval of April’s Minutes
- Status update DE Hiring Committee Questions – (Greg, Warren, Rachael) – Asked the committee for feedback and to let us know by next week Friday if they have any comments, suggestions, or feedback before Warren sends it to Michael Wong.
- Tasks for 2015-16 DE Committee. How to proceed with Distance Education Faculty Survey (Responses) (be prepared to brainstorm at the next meeting?)
- Looking ahead to Fall 2015, what specifically can the Distance Education Committee do to help you to improve your DE courses in the following areas: Interaction and Collaboration, Course Design, Learner Support Services, Assessment
- What specific professional development do you need to improve your teaching online in the areas of: Interaction and Collaboration, Course Design, Learner Support Services, Assessment
- Revise IOTA judging process
- Implement strategy and process for ongoing DE peer-to-peer exchange of ideas during the fall and spring semester. “Show not tell” exchange of ideas.
- Review of Spring 2015 Distance Education satisfaction survey
- eCafe implementation by 100% of De faculty
- De subcommittees for permanent committee work (i.e., IOTA, DE peer exchange sessions, De surveys and evaluations).