Attendees: Brent Hirata, Rachael Inake, Daniela Elliott, Hardeep Kharbanda, Abdul-Karim Khan, Pete Gross, Naiad Wong, Jeffrey Breitenfeldt, Heather Takamatsu, Michelle Igarashi, and Greg Walker.
- Called to order at 3:05 PM in LC 108A
- Minutes from October 19, 2015’s meeting was unanimously approved
- Status update DE Hiring Committee Questions
- Still have to work out the details with Mike Wong.
- Volunteering for Subcommittees:
- Innovative Online Teaching Awards (IOTA): This committee needs to look at the deadlines for the award. Members: Pete Gross, Brent Hirata, Hardeep Kharbanda, Heather Takamatsu
- DE Faculty Idea Exchange. Members: Naiad Wong, Rachael Inake, Michelle Igarashi, Daniela Elliott
- DE Survey and Evaluation. Members: Jeffrey Breitenfeldt, Greg Walker, Abdul-Karim Khan
- Waianae campus DE outreach: Abdul-Karim Khan
5. New Business:
- Course Assessment Program (CAP)
University of Hawaii West Oahu (UHWO) Online/Hybrid Course Approval Form
Greg: The campus is working on a policy for hybrid courses.
This is coming down from administrators and the DE committee has no power over it. We can make a recommendation to the faculty senate.
Handout from UHWO was passed around and we will read it and talk about it during the next meeting
6. Adjournment 4:45pm.