Meeting called to order at 3:10 PM.
Attendees: Warren Kawano, Amy Amper, Dalybeth Reasoner, Daniela Dutra Elliott, Karim Khan, Michelle Igarashi, Rachael Inake, Brent Hirata, Christy Takamure (Blackboard Collaborate)
- Minutes approved – September 11, 2017.
- Note taking schedule
- Monday, October 16 – Rachael
- Monday, November 20 – Michelle
- Monday, December 11 – Brent
- Monday, January 22 – Amy
- Monday, February 12 – Dalybeth
- Monday, March 12
- Monday, April 16
- DE Federal Requirements Training
- Michelle and Rachael to conduct a training on Monday, October 23, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – BE 229 or LC 102. Warren to email facstaff listserv.
- Training Session Schedule
- Amy and Warren: Friday, November 3 at 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
- Christy and Warren: Tuesday, November 7 at 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Daniela and Dalybeth: Thursday, November 16 at 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
- Online training available at Division Chair’s discretion for the few that can’t come to campus. (Ideas: one-on-one session or online synchronous session through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.)
- Warren will send list of participants who finished the training will be sent to Division Chairs after each session.
- Accreditation: Faculty survey needed
- Sample: https://goo.gl/forms/CH7CV6OWoLYFM7AE3
- Need to identify faculty needs.
- Include open-ended questions. Some ideas:
- What makes teaching online difficult?
- How satisfied are you with the online professional development opportunities?
- What professional development areas would you like to see more of?
- Demographic questions – How many classes have you taught online? Division/Discipline.
- DE Interview Questions (Old Business)
- Warren will send the list of questions to Lori Lei for feedback
Meeting adjourned at 4:00 PM.
Next meeting will be on November 20, 2017 at 3:00-4:00 PM in LC 108A.
Minutes recorded by Rachael I.