Meeting called to order at 3:01PM.
Attendees : Warren Kawano, Michelle Igarashi, Rachael Inake, Brent Hirata, Annemarie Paikai, Amy Amper
Absent: Dalybeth Reasoner, Daniela Dutra Elliott, Karim Khan, Christy Takamure
1.Approval of minutes from December 11, 2017
- Unanimous Approved minutes
2.Discussion of need for new members to replace Karim Khan (Arts & Humanities) and Hardeep “Sunny” Kharbanda (PAT).
- Recommendations of possible new members: Betty Ickes (A/H), Wayne Muromoto (A/H), Michael Oishi (A/H), Momi Kamahele (A/H), Tracie Losche (A/H), Michael Scully (PAT), Matt Egami (PAT)
3.Discuss DE interview Questions
- Discussed HR’s feedback on DE Interview Questions Feedback
- Modified question #1
- Deleted question #2 and #4
- Added examples for questions #8, 10, 11
- Updated numbering to reflect changes
- Warren to forward to HR for approval
- Application deadline February 28, 2018 at 3pm
- Application videos will be shared with entire DE committee and committee will review prior to April 16 DE committee meeting.
- During the April 16 meeting, DE committee will discuss the videos and choose the winner.
- DE Liaison Program
- Rachael will follow up w Greg to clarify who receives the DE request form and how the request will be delivered to the appropriate liaison.
- Liaison to complete the log after meeting with a lecturer or instructor.
- Updates on Federal Regulation Training
- Warren to finish the online training option and will inform the division chairs that it is available.
Meeting adjourned 4:16pm
Next meeting will be on February 12 at 3:00-4:00 PM in LC 108A.
Minutes recorded by Amy Amper