The Distance Education Committee recommends 16 eCafe questions for evaluating distance courses.
The following six are found in the first section, “Campus Specific Questions”
- The instructor was willing to help and respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Work requirements, course objectives, and grading system were clear from the beginning.
- The materials provided by the instructor were relevant to the course objectives.
- The course workload was well-distributed throughout the semester.
- The activities & assessments in this course were reflective of course objectives.
- I would recommend this instructor to other students.
- 003 I learned to apply principles from this course to new situations.
- 058 The instructor appears to have a thorough knowledge of the subject.
- 093 The instructor treated students with respect.
- 130 The instructor presented the course materials in a clear and organized way.
- 133 The amount of work required is appropriate for the credit received.
- 176 Assignments are returned promptly.
- 296 Online communication with class members and the instructor helped me to learn course materials in an effective manner.
- 315 What did you like least about your online course experience?
- 316 What did you like most about your online course experience?
- *325 Global appraisal: Considering everything how would you rate this COURSE? Circle one. [very poor – poor – average – good – excellent]. This question has been selected to appear in all Leeward CC eCafe surveys.
Data gathered from these questions may be used for Accreditation purposes. Survey data will be anonymous and not connected to any instructor or student.