Leeward CC Peer Evaluation Process
Leeward CC strongly recommends distance education faculty have at least one peer evaluation for an online course per year.
The Leeward DE peer course review process, with the use of the The Quality Matters (QM) rubric, is unique in that it is diagnostic (not evaluative or judgmental) and focuses solely on online course design and substantive interaction. QM standards are focused on the best practices in instructional design and online learning according to continuously updated research. The QM standards facilitate Leeward instructors to bring improvement in student learning outcomes and student retention in online courses. The result is a win-win solution for both faculty and students!
The 5 Step Process
- Peer evaluator asks the instructor of the distance course being evaluated to complete the Leeward DE peer course review Self-Assessment and to add the evaluator as an instructor to their online course (Laulima course site).
- Course evaluator reviews the completed form and verifies evidence in the online course.
- Course evaluator completes DE Peer Evaluation Form
- Course evaluator emails completed DE Peer Evaluation Form to the instructor of the distance course being evaluated for recommended changes.
- Course evaluator signs DE Peer Evaluation Form and sends signed form to the instructor of the distance course being evaluated.