In May 2017 the Faculty Senate procured the funding for access to Turnitin.com, a web platform used to provide feedback, assess work, and check for plagiarism in student writing. Funding for the $20,328 annual license came about through a Faculty Senate application for Innovation Funds.
As Leeward’s Turnitin site administrator, I am seeking instructors interested in testing the functionality and use of the tool and helping me to configure the platform for the campus. Testing will occur this semester. The vendor will offer a one-time web-based training for us. I will work with volunteer testers to schedule training in the coming weeks.
Turnitin campuswide rollout is scheduled for Spring 2018. More information about open enrollment and training opportunities will be shared with the campus at a later date.
As a Turnitin Tester, you agree to:
- Start exploring and using Turnitin this Fall;
- Attend the web-based training;
- Attend one meeting this semester to share feedback;
- Help plan and facilitate at least one training workshop in Spring 2018;
- Help assess the effectiveness of Turnitin through a survey or other method of assessment in Spring 2018.
If you’re interested in serving as a Turnitin Tester this Fall, please email me at email@example.com.