Turnitin.com is available to all faculty and lecturers this semester. To begin using Turnitin, please self-enroll at turnitin.com
- Click “Create Account” in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- If you have not used Turnitin before, click “Instructor” under “Create a New Account.”
- Enter the Account ID and Join Key that is found in the lccfaculty-l email sent to all Leeward faculty and lecturers in late December 2017. Search your email inbox for the subject line: Join Turnitin
- If you did not receive this email, contact the Leeward Turnitin administrator. See the end of this post for details.
- Then enter your user information and acknowledge the user agreement.
- Your Turnitin.com account is ready to use.
New users should view a recording of a webinar for Leeward faculty conducted on November 11, 2017. This video provides an in-depth overview of the Turnitin.com platform, various tools, and their functionality: https://youtu.be/VcNcpRmng_s
Note: This video is unedited, and it is over 80 minutes long.
A quickstart guide with instructions (creating classes and new assignments, submitting papers, etc.) and short instructional videos are found at https://guides.turnitin.com/01_Manuals_and_Guides/Instructor_Guides/01_Quick_Start_Guide
For assistance with setting up your Turnitin account, please contact Wayde Oshiro, Leeward Turnitin administrator. Email: email@example.com
Workshops will be offered in Spring 2018 to assist faculty with using Turnitin.com. A workshop schedule will be announced soon.
Support for Turnitin comes from Innovation Funds awarded to the Faculty Senate in 2017. The Faculty Senate will be conducting a survey at the end of the Spring 2018 semester to evaluate the success of this initiative.