Turnitin.com is the most widely used plagiarism detection platform in higher education and it is available to all faculty and lecturers at Leeward. To begin using Turnitin, please self-enroll at turnitin.com
- Click “Create Account” in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- If you have not used Turnitin before, click “Instructor” under “Create a New Account.”
- Enter the Account ID and Join Key that is found in the lccfaculty-l email sent to all Leeward faculty and lecturers recently. Search your email inbox for the subject line: Use Turnitin to Help Our Students Avoid Plagiarism
- If you did not receive this email, contact the Leeward Turnitin administrator. See the end of this post for details.
- Then enter your user information and acknowledge the user agreement.
- Your Turnitin.com account is ready to use.
New users can view a recording of a webinar for Leeward faculty recorded on November 11, 2017. This video provides an in-depth overview of the Turnitin.com platform, various tools, and their functionality: https://youtu.be/VcNcpRmng_s
Note: This video is unedited and is approximately 80 minutes long.
A quickstart guide with instructions (creating classes and new assignments, submitting papers, etc.) and short instructional videos are found at https://guides.turnitin.com/01_Manuals_and_Guides/Instructor_Guides/01_Quick_Start_Guide
For assistance with setting up your Turnitin account, please contact Wayde Oshiro, Leeward Turnitin administrator. Email: email@example.com
Support for Turnitin.com comes from campus Innovation Funds awarded to the Faculty Senate in 2017. This is the second year of a 2-year pilot project to gauge the need for a subscription-based platform like Turnitin at Leeward.