2015 – Christina Keaulana ED 285 Associate of Arts in Teaching, Social Sciences
The “Leeward CC Innovative Online Teaching Award” (formerly, “The Outstanding Teaching with Laulima Innovation Award”) seeks to recognize a Leeward Community College faculty or lecturer who teaches an online course that recognizes innovation and excellence in technology-supported teaching, academic collaboration, and student engagement.
Any faculty or lecturer who teaches an online course at Leeward CC (no hybrid courses, please). (A faculty or lecturer who previously applied may re-apply provided he/she has not been chosen as a recipient of this award within the last five (5) years.)
- Application form Due Feb 28, 2017 3pm. Chancellors Office.
- Evaluation rubric
- The value of the award is $500.00
- After the applications get processed, the applicants will be asked to schedule a date/time to record a 15-minute (maximum) showcase video of their course by demonstrating and verbally describing how their course meets or exceeds the criteria described in the Leeward CC Innovative Online Teaching Award 2016 Rubric.
- The award committee may require access to the applicants’ courses as part of the selection process.
- The winner and selected finalists will be showcased on the Innovative Online Teaching Award website following presentation of the award.
Applications are due to the Chancellor’s Office by Monday, February 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
Past Innovation Award Recipients
|2016 – Warren Kawano||BUSN 158||Business Division|
|2015 – Christina Keaulana||ED 285||Associate of Arts in Teaching, Social Sciences|
|2014 – Jeff Judd||ED 290||Associate of Arts in Teaching, Social Sciences|
|2013 – Michael Cawdery||ED 285||Associate of Arts in Teaching, Social Sciences|
|2012 – Helmut Kae||MICR 130||Microbiology, Math and Sciences|
|2011 – Lani Uyeno||ENG 211||English, Language Arts|
|2010 – Pat Hurley||LING102||English, Language Arts|
|2009 – Brent Hirata||ED 279||Associate of Arts in Teaching, Social Sciences|