KUPU: part-time and full-time programs for youth and young adults exploring the green job sector in Hawaiʻi.
Conservation Connections: Database of part-time and full-time jobs, volunteer and internship opportunities in Conservation in Hawaiʻi.
Conservation Career Compass: Info and guidance on a career in conservation in Hawaiʻi.
North American Association of Environmental Education: Guidance and opportunities on a wide variety of environmental careers that focus on helping protect the planet.
Marine Careers: Summer opportunities, internships & fellowships, jobs and other resources around marine careers.
- 6-day Oceanographic Research Cruise to Station Aloha: monthly opportunity for UH students. Please fill in the cruise participation form here and specify that you would like to volunteer (leave anything blank that you donʻt know about).
- General info on why to do a Summer Research Internship, how to apply, and some programs (link)
- 10-week paid internship program with Hoʻokuaʻāina at Kapalai Farms. See here for more info.
- Fully funded Research Internships at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) for undergraduate students in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Math & Computer Science. The deadline for internships for the following Summer is November 15th. Apply here.
- The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program provides research experiences at the Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories to encourage undergraduate students and recent graduates to pursue STEM careers. Deadline for the 10-week Summer program is usually in January (apply here). 16-week Spring and Fall internships are also available.
- Mosaics in Science Internship (MIS): 12-week Summer program for youth 18+ that are under-represented in natural resource science career fields with on-the-ground, science-based, work experience with the National Park Service. Apply here. Deadline usually early February.
- Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): many different programs in different fields throughout the U.S. (including Hawaiʻi). Search here for programs by field (e.g., Biological Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Earth Sciences). Deadlines in January & February.
- Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science (PIPES): 10-week Summer internship experience focused on conservation science, natural resources management, and/or environmental education and outreach after. For more info and to apply see here. Deadline extended to Feb 16th 2019.
- Medical Internships: National Institute of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Programs. For more info and to apply go here. Deadline March 1, 2019.
- PIFSC Young Scientist Opportunity (PYSO) Summer Internship with the NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center in Honolulu. Current full-time undergraduate sophomores or juniors with >3.0 GPA can apply here. Deadline March 15, 2019