Registration link: https://laulima-challenge-2017.eventbrite.com
Use Laulima’s basic tools to set up a course site for the semester.
- Edit Tools: Identify how to add/remove tools in a Laulima site
- Syllabus: Add your syllabus
- Forums: Create a discussion forum
- Assignments: Set up an assignment
- Assignments, Tests and Surveys: Create a quiz
- Gradebook: Add a gradebook item
- Announcements: Create an announcement
- Import from Site: Identify how to copy/import content to a new Laulima site
You can earn the “Laulima Challenge Finisher” badge of achievement if you successfully complete the workshop’s objectives. You can also earn a letter of completion if you setup your Laulima course site and implement it in your class. Details here.
Laulima is the University of Hawaii’s online collaborative learning environment. You can use Laulima to organize class materials, streamline communication with your students (including feedback on assignments and grades), reduce paper use, and increase student engagement for your online and face-to-face classes. In this fun and interactive challenge, you will work with a partner to learn how to use Laulima’s basic tools so you can set-up your courses for the upcoming semester.
Laulima Challenge Activity
Complete the activity below. Alternatively, click here to open the activity in a new window.
Check the Laulima links in the right-side menu.
Mahalo for your participation. Please take our survey.
See instructors’ artifacts, submit your own artifact to share, or apply for a letter of completion.