Spread the word that students can submit original Hawaiian-themed writing and arts through May 1, 2015. Winners of the Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo — which means the Well-Filled Mind — achievement award will receive a prize and will be published on the award-winning Pūpū A ʻO ʻEwa Native Hawaiian Writing and Arts website.
Submission requirements and details:
- You must currently enrolled in at least 1 course at Leeward Community College this Spring 2015 semester
- Open to all students, regardless of ethnic or cultural ancestry
- Your subject MUST be ke ano Hawaiʻi — a Hawaiian focus. Your writing or artwork MUST be related somehow to Native Hawaiian life: culture, customs, history, issues, literature land, nature, arts, religion, etc.
- You may enter more than one piece and in more than one category (Hawaiian writing, English writing, art)
- All submissions are due by 11:59 pm on May 1, 2015
- All entries must be submitted online through our Submit Your Work link or emailed to email@example.com
- Works will judged on their merits. None of our judges will know who submitted which piece.
Please encourage your students to participate in this wonderful opportunity!