For the past month, certain individuals have been wreaking havoc in the Learning Commons and behaving in ways unexpected of college-level students. Examples of this unacceptable behavior:
- Acting extremely raucous – to the point that other students complain or leave the facility
- Playing guitars and ukuleles
- Throwing items across the room
- Knocking furniture over
- Standing on top of furniture
- Blasting music
- Despite numerous warnings, consistently eating food items that are prohibited in the facility (Library’s Food & Drink Policy)
Library staff have been struggling to correct these individuals’ behavior and to re-establish the Learning Commons as a resource for ALL, not just for a small minority that are dominating the space and making it unwelcoming to others. Please consider discussing the problem with your students and going over the rules below. We thank you for your assistance.
For more information, please read our Acceptable Behavior Policy.