Aloha Leeward ‘Ohana,
Finals Countdown is a joint effort by the Library, Learning Resource Center, and Writing Center to offer students additional support during the final days of the semester. On December 2-3, the Library and Learning Commons will remain open until 9 PM to provide students with:
- study spaces
- faculty-led review sessions and office hours
- computers and printers
- library services
- de-stress activities and hourly prize drawings
- a fully-stocked snack bar
In addition, the KiMOBEAN Cafe will be open until 9 PM both nights.
When is it?
- Dates: Wednesday, December 2nd and Thursday, December 3rd
- Times: 1:00-9:00 PM
How can I participate?
- Hold a review/study session to prepare students for their final exam. This was a popular activity in previous semesters so don’t wait to reserve a space!
- Schedule additional office hours. Reserve a table to meet with students individually or in small groups.
- Reserve your review session space or table now at http://goo.gl/forms/
What else can I do?
- Volunteer your time. Friendly and helpful people are needed to welcome faculty, direct faculty and students to designated areas, stock the snack bar, take headcounts, and answer questions. Volunteer now at http://goo.gl/forms/
- Donate snacks/prizes for students. We have a small budget for snacks but your donations are welcome. We accept snack foods that are not too messy (not sticky or greasy) and don’t require refrigeration, utensils or plates to eat, as well as prizes such as Leeward swag or gift cards. Drop off your donations at the Circulation Desk. Leave your name and email so we can acknowledge your donation.
- Tell your students! Help promote the Finals Countdown by telling your students about this great event.
- Updates will be posted here: http://guides.leeward.hawaii.
- Wayde Oshiro, Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carina Chernisky, Library (email@example.com)
- Natalie Wahl, Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Beth Kupper-Herr, Learning Resource Center ( email@example.com)
- Laurie Kuribayashi, Writing Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)