November 13, 2017
by An Hollowell
Finals Countdown is just around the corner! Check out our Finals Countdown page to see what we currently have scheduled! If you are interested in hosting an activity, study session, or special office hours, please sign up here.
April 24, 2017
by Wayde Oshiro
April 18, 2017
by Wayde Oshiro
Library Annual User Survey: https://goo.gl/v3oSo8
- Provide feedback on services, resources, support, and facilities through April 21st.
Finals Countdown (April 24-May 5)
- Finals Countdown starts Monday, April 24th. Faculty-led review sessions, faculty office hours, Writing Center workshops, and extended evening hours will be offered in the Library and Learning Commons.
- Sign-up to host a review session or office hours at https://goo.gl/vLJLnj
- See Finals Countdown hours and schedule of sessions and workshops at http://guides.leeward.hawaii.edu/finalscountdown/spring17
Finals Week (May 8-12)
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Interim Week (May 15-19)
Summer Schedule (May 22-August 11)
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am-3:30 pm
March 14, 2016
by Natalie Wahl
The Library, LRC, and Writing Center are working on our 6th Finals Countdown: a two-day event with review sessions, writing workshops, de-stress activities, free snacks, and prizes kicking of extended Library hours through finals week.
SAVE THE DATES: Wednesday, April 27th and Thursday April 28th in the Learning Commons.
Visit our LibGuide for more info!
April 27, 2015
by Wayde Oshiro
Time for another Finals Countdown
Student Assistants Ciara and Erin (Fall 2014)
Crunch time for Meredith Lee’s class (Fall 2014)
Chem review with Brad Ashburn (Fall 2014)
Math with Andrea Wichman (Spring 2014)
A fully stocked snack bar
What is the Finals Countdown?
- Two days of sessions and workshops in the Library and Learning Commons to help prepare students for end of semester deadlines and finals.
- Exam review sessions in subjects such as biology, chemistry, English, history, ICS, Japanese, math, religion, and Spanish. Full schedule here
- Writing Center workshops to help students put the final touches on their final papers and to prepare for essay exams. Seats still available! Full schedule here
- Are your students stressed out? Staff from Mental Health America of Hawaii will be on hand to offer tips for handling stress. Free stress balls while supplies last.
- 1-5 PM: Fully stocked snack bar on the 2nd floor.
- 5-8 PM: Games, prizes, and survival kits on the 2nd floor provided by the Student Activities Board.
When is the Finals Countdown?
- April 29-30 starting at 1 PM
- Games and prize drawings begin at 5 PM
- Learning Commons open until 9 PM
How can my students participate?
- Tell your students to visit the Library and Learning Commons on Wednesday and Thursday from 1 PM until closing.
- Remind them to bring their valid Leeward CC student I.D. card* as it is required to partake in snacks and to participate in the games and prize drawings.
The Finals Countdown is organized by the Library, Learning Resource Center, and Writing Center in partnership with the Student Activities Board. Funded by the student government Budget & Finance Committee and the Library.
*Food and prizes are restricted to current Leeward CC students with valid student ID.
Click here or call x378 for more info.