January 16, 2018
by An Hollowell
They Asked, We Delivered!
We added comfy new bean bag chairs in our Best Sellers section. The bean bag chairs were suggested by the students on the Student Library Wish List board displayed during the Fall semester. A couple of students who tested the chairs commented that the bean bag chairs will be their reason to come into the library to study!
Fun Ways to Go Green!
The circulation staff created the “Fun Ways to Go Green!” display board in both of the library’s stairwells. Come by and check out the fun green tips suggested by the staff!
In Case You Missed It . . .
If you would like to add required and/or supplemental course materials to our Course Reserves shelf, please fill out this form. For more information, please contact Kale Kingsbury (x209 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The library will be collecting toiletry items until January 31st. Thank you to those who have already donated! We have a couple more weeks to go to collect items! If you wish to donate, please drop them off at the library’s circulation desk. For a list of suggested items, go here.
Our hours this semester are:
|Monday – Thursday
||7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
||7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please encourage your students to get their Leeward CC I.D. cards validated at the library’s circulation desk!
October 29, 2017
by An Hollowell
We have something for everyone in our Best Sellers collection! Click on the titles below to place holds on our Voyager catalog! (If you have never placed a hold on library items, click here for instructions)
- Anne Boleyn, a king’s obsession : a novel, Alison Weir
- Because I was a girl : true stories for girls of all ages, Melissa De la Cruz
- The book of swords, Various Authors
- The Chicago Cubs : story of a curse, Rich Cohen
- The couple next door, Shari Lapena
- The girl who drank the moon, Kelly Barnhill
- It takes two : our story, Jonathan and Drew Scott
- The last Tudor, Philippa Gregory
- Midnight jewel : a Glittering Court novel, Richelle Mead
- Pashmina, Nidhi Chanani
- Prince Lestat and the realms of Atlantis, Anne Rice
- Sinking the Sultana : a civil war story of imprisonment, greed, and a doomed journey home, Sally M. Walker
- Sleeping beauties : a novel, Stephen King and Owen King
- Three sisters, three queens, Philippa Gregory
- Uncommon type : some stories, Tom Hanks
- The Vietnam War : an intimate history, Geoffrey C. Ward
- The wizard’s cookbook : magical recipes inspired by Harry Potter, Merlin, the Wizard of Oz, and more, Aurélia Beaupommier
Not seeing anything that interests you? If you have a favorite author or series you keep tabs on, please fill out our suggestion form and we will try to add them to our Best Sellers collection or OverDrive, a database filled with thousands of general fiction and non-fiction e-books, if they are not available in print format.
September 2, 2017
by An Hollowell
Are you excited a new book is about to be released soon? Let us know so we can add it in our Best Sellers collection!
The Best Sellers Collection is a rotating collection comprised of popular books covering a variety of genres that have been recently published. The library encourages everyone to submit suggestions on titles, series, authors, and genres to contribute to building our collection. If you are interested in making suggestions, please contact An Hollowell (email@example.com), and she will let you know on its availability and when it arrives.
May 2, 2017
by Wayde Oshiro
- Downloadable ebooks for viewing on tablets, smartphones, e-readers, and desktops
- Online and offline viewing modes
- Supported formats include Kindle Books, OverDrive Read, and EPUB eBook
- Two-week loan period. No late returns, no overdue fines, ever!
- Recently purchased titles include
- It’s free!
March 21, 2017
by Wayde Oshiro
Are you looking to catch up on your reading during Spring Break? Have you been meaning to read something but haven’t had the time to order it from Amazon or pick it up at the public library? Well, look no further than your campus library.
The Library has two curated collections of bestselling fiction and non-fiction titles for your reading pleasure:
- Bestsellers Collection: Print collection located on the 3rd floor. Come up and browse!
- Overdrive Collection: If you have an e-reader, take a look at our newest e-book collection of fiction and non-fiction titles. It’s an interesting mix of titles. You can access Overdrive from our website. Click the E-Books button and select Overdrive from the list of e-book collections. See screenshots below.
Note: Off-campus access requires UH login credentials. Select Leeward Community College as your library to access our collection.