The Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is the first peer-reviewed science video journal. The Library has started a limited access trial to JoVE’s Science Education Database which provides nearly 1,000 videos covering scientific fundamentals. Easy to understand video demonstrations on laboratory techniques, experiment design, introduction to concepts and theories, and more. View a short video describing how JoVE is used in the classroom.
The collections available during this trial
- Basic Biology – General Laboratory Techniques, Basic Methods in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Essentials of Biology 1: yeast, Drosophila and C. elegans, and Essentials of Biology 2: Mouse, Zebrafish, and Chick
- Advanced Biology – Essentials of Neuroscience, Essentials of Developmental Biology, Essentials of Genetics, and Essentials of Cell Biology
- Psychology – Essentials of Behavioral Science, Essentials of Experimental Psychology, Essentials of Cognitive Psychology, and Essentials of Developmental Psychology
- Environmental Sciences – Essentials of Environmental Science, Essentials of Environmental Microbiology, and Essentials of Earth Science
- Chemistry – Essentials of General Chemistry, Essentials of Organic Chemistry, and Essentials of Analytical Chemistry
How do I access the trial?
- Campus IP addresses only (no off-campus availability)
- View only access. Advanced features requiring a user account are not available (e.g. JoVE quizzes)
- Trial ends April 7, 2017
Will the Library actually acquire these collections?
Contact a subject specialist librarian if you have any questions about this trial or any other resources.