Learning with Technology

for Teaching

Open Access Week 2016 Summary

| 0 comments

On behalf of the Leeward CC OER Committee, we thank you for participating in Open Access Week events last week and reading our blog posts. We hope you found them informative and useful in learning more about Open Educational Resources (OER) and how it can benefit instructors and students. Here’s a summary of everything we shared last week.

OER Quick Info for Faculty

oa-week-2016-oer-benefits-faculty-snip

read-more-button

OER and Textbook Cost Zero Quick Info for Students

oa-week-2016-oer-benefits-students-snip

read-more-button

OER Benefits for Students

Students from Speech Instructor, Michele Mahi’s COM 210H class, candidly share in this video why they appreciate using Open Educational Resources (OERs) in her class.

oa-week-2016-student-perspectives-video-snip

read-more-button

Kelsie Aguilera’s OER Journey with Anthropology

kelsie-aguilera-oer-2016Guest post by: Kelsie Aguilera

I first became aware of Open Access (OA) my first week working here at Leeward CC. My office mate at the time was Jayne P. Bopp, instructor in Sociology. Over the course of that first week sharing an office…

read-more-button

Passed the Point of No Return or Regrets

oer-igarashi-studentsGuest post by: Michelle Igarashi

I started using OERs in 2014 when a publisher’s representative informed me that my textbook would be undergoing yet another round of “updating” and thus my students could no longer purchase used copies.

read-more-button

Next Steps…

If you’re interested in going OER, please contact a Leeward CC Librarian to get started. You may also be interested in participating in the next “Go Open, Go Free Using OER” workshop series in Spring 2017. For more info and to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/go-open-go-free-using-oer-spring-2017-registration-28872347970