Use YouTube and upload a video file to your YouTube account to use for your class.
- Use YouTube to stream video content to use for your class.
- Identify practical uses for using YouTube in education and for your classes/teaching/purposes.
- Upload a short video to YouTube.
You can earn the “YouTube Creator” badge of achievement if you successfully complete the workshop’s objectives and implement your YouTube activity into your class.
YouTube is a free video streaming service that is available to University of Hawaii, Faculty for hosting and streaming video content that can be used for online and face to face instruction.
Click here to access the workshop site.
- UNC Charlotte Copyright Considerations: Be sure you have the right to use any videos that you want to add to your courses. If you’re unclear about what those rights are and what your responsibilities include, please review these resources:
- The Essential Copyright: A Guide to Copyright in the Educational Setting (UNC Charlotte Atkins Library)
- Fair Use & Copyright (Center for Social Media at American University)
- Distance Education & The TEACH Act (American Library Association)
- YouTube how-to videos
- YouTube Help Center
Workshop participants, please complete this survey.
This will be our first time offering this workshop.