Objective this week: Decide how you will “build community” in your online courses.
Aloha and welcome to Week 3– Create a Community: Connect learners with each other. Please begin by reviewing the resources on how to connect learners with each other. Choose and explore topics that meet your needs and interests. Topics:
- Interaction: the keystone of contemporary education.
- Community of Inquiry
- Building An Online Learning Community
- The Community of Inquiry theoretical framework
- Critical Inquiry in a Text-Based Environment: Computer Conferencing in Higher Education
- Creating Interactive Discussions
- Why should I use a discussion board?
- The Discussion Board Book
- How to use blogs for learning and teaching
- Using a blog to create and support a Community of Inquiry in Secondary Education
Week 3 Activities & Webinars. Pick and choose what you will do this week.
- Create a sensemaking artifact.
- Comment on artifacts.
- Participate in the Discussion Questions.
- Participate in the “Community Wall” conversations.
Webinar Sessions (all sessions will be recorded)
- How to make discussion boards effective learning tools by Dr. Melissa Kaulbach
- Weekly Roundup. Join our session of highlights from the week.