In Gmail (and your Google@UH Gmail, too), you can now drag-and-drop images right into the body of your email message so it appears embedded.
- Compose a new message.
- Drag and drop the image in the body of the message.
- By default, it will insert the image as “best fit.” If you want the original size, click on the image and click on “Original size.” Or, if you want to resize the image, click on the image and click and drag on an image handle (square in the corner of the image).
Also, just like how you can hyperlink text in your email message to a website, you can hyperlink the embedded image, too.
- Click and drag to highlight the embedded image in your message.
- With your image highlighted (selected), click on the link button in the toolbar to insert a link.
- In the popup box, type or paste the URL you want to link to in the, “To what URL should this link go to” and click “OK.”