If you have an iPhone/iPad and if like me, you have default apps such as “Tips”, “Game Center”, and “News” that you never use, until now, we have been unable to delete them off of our devices. So the next best thing was to move them all into a folder and move it to your last home screen to get them out of the way.
Here are the steps:
- Create a new folder or open an existing folder
- Move the apps you want to hide into that folder
- Tap and hold on any icon until they all begin to jiggle, allowing you to rearrange them
- Grab any app in the folder and drag it to the right beyond the last tab in the folder
- While still holding the app icon, press the home button
The downside is this trick only hides your apps temporarily — the next time you reboot your device, all of the hidden apps will reappear in the folder.
The good news is that with the next version if iOS (9.3), you will have the ability to hide those apps permanently. It is a more advanced process, but if you are interested in the secret, keep a look out for a future Tech It Out Tips post.
Zech Estein, “The iPhone trick you’ve been waiting for: How to hide Apple’s default apps”, BGR, http://bgr.com/2016/01/04/how-to-hide-apps-on-iphone-default-apps/