For the Leeward CC folks who use Google Sites as modules to embed in their Laulima Sites using the Web Content tool, you might’ve noticed that it’s blocked and only displays a blank, white page. We were recently informed that this is due to a new security feature. There is a solution to fix this.
To allow your Google Site to be shown in Laulima:
- Go to your Google Site.
- You can go directly to your site if you know the URL.
- Or… go to Google@UH Sites – https://sites.google.com/a/hawaii.edu and click on the link to your site.
- Once you’re in the site, click on the settings / gear button in the top-right corner and click on “Manage Site”.
- You should be on the “General” page. Scroll down until you see “Security”.
- Checkmark, “Allow embedding of your sites in other sites” (as shown below).
- Don’t forget to click the orange “Save” button at the top of the page.
While you’re in the settings just above the “Security” section, there is a section called, “Mobile”. If you want your site to adjust to mobile devices when students view the site on a mobile device, you can also checkmark, “Automatically adjust site to mobile phones”. Don’t forget to click “Save”.